The Inngest CLI allows you to build and test event-driven serverless functions locally on your own machine. Using this CLI, you can:
- Scaffold new serverless functions in seconds
- Run functions with test data for fast development
- Test functions with live, historical data
- Deploy functions instantly
The Inngest CLI source code is available on GitHub.
How to install
curl -sfL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/inngest/inngest-cli/main/install.sh | sh && \ sudo mv ./inngest /usr/local/bin/inngest
Alternatively, you can:
- Download the latest pre-built binary from our releases page here.
- Build the CLI from source, as long as you have Go installed.
Docker is a required dependency for the CLI in order to build, run, and deploy your functions. You can find more information on installing Docker on your system here: https://docs.docker.com/get-docker/.